ScreenShotChanger is an application that I’m writing prompted by Hawk Eye an Elite: Dangerous player. He was asking for an in-game feature that would allow the current system to be part of the name of a screen shot taken within the game.
Originally the current system was recorded in the netlog*.log files for the game and I decided to have a look at an application that would monitor for a new screen shot, grab the current system (and body) and then rename the saved image in the format wanted. The app now gets this information from the players Journal files.
- ScreenShotChange handles both screenshots and video captures and allows for the renaming based upon regular expressions. It can be set to start-up with Windows and auto-minimise etc.
- The app can also be configured to run the other applications that you might want to start with Elite: Dangerous.
- You can configure a sound to play to confirm the capture has occured without leaving the game
- Test feature to help with planet navigation (gives your required heading)
- various assorted little settings for convenience
The version history and download links are in the change log